Every day.
Every second.
A single thought. Only I could.
I never thought I'd be turning notions and mistakes into words for my learnings. But that was the only way I saw to work upon myself. It was the only way I got to be better with every passing day. A few days into this journey made me realise the significance of effort and discipline. But today I wouldn't be writing about them.
I've written different blogs about taking initiative, small or big - it didn't matter. But I never wrote about who was resisting me every time I showed up. I figured it out when I tried observing myself experiencing mistakes and learnings.
It was me. I was confused when I noticed it. Not a few months, not a few weeks - only a day. A day when I started writing blogs was enough. But it wasn't just for a day. It's every time. I resist myself before trying anything new. I resist leaving my comfort zone.
Every single time I make up my mind to start whatever learning I recall or whatever mistake I recall, at a certain moment, thoughts like "I'll do it later" or "let's skip" try to stop me from putting my notions into words.
However, I write to make myself better from tomorrow, for a dream I keep thinking about.
I remember the first day I started writing blogs. For the last few days, I was just delaying and avoiding giving words to my notions. But the thought "whatever happens, I'll deal with it later" was enough to motivate me to write. I started writing my notions after two or three days of my own ignorance.
The first word made me hesitant to write the second. But writing it wiped out that fear. By the time my blog was complete, the thought that had been limiting me was gone. That day I learned the significance of taking that first step - I realised why it matters, because it stops the thought that I couldn't.
Fear of failure may resist us. Fear of being judged may limit us. An initiative is enough to get over every resistance.
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment