No. I never have a perfect starting point for my blog. I didn't try preparing a perfect beginning of the blog. I just start with the exact emotion I feel while starting the blog. Emotions aren't always different. Something I didn't expect, and some I did. That's it. Just like every other day, I do have some thoughts to put into words. I have my own experience of realising those thoughts. This blog isn't about what the notion says, but what it holds within it.
Earlier I had written about time, effort, learnings, experiences. But what I realised yesterday was much different.
As always I was done writing my blog. I was seeing the blog and was trying to rectify few of my mistakes. While reading yesterday's blog, one line - "I restart accepting learnings" - made me pause. A few minutes took me back through each and every one of my blogs. I did publish the blog.
Time helps improve every thought, every skill, every person. But, without even giving effort to begin, how could time teach? Without mistakes, learnings are meaningless. Without experiencing ups and downs on our own, the moments couldn't be a memory. These sudden two-minute notions kept looping in my mind.
Without stepping up for ourselves nobody could help us improve. A step is all that's needed. A start. Good or bad doesn't matter at all. With time and consistent effort, improvement becomes definite.
I wasn't confident enough to show up. I was hesitant to start. But my will wouldn't let me think of not starting. The will to write despite whatever problem came up turned out to be a turning point for me. If I'm restarting today with all of yesterday's mistakes and improvements in mind, it's only because I made that first move. Only then did time and effort help me get better with every passing day.
Improvement follows with time. But without taking that first step and allowing mistakes to happen, it's impossible.
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment