Not again this time.
Not one time.
Not two times.
But three times, I had erased. Whatever I thought wasn't right, I didn't fully understand why. For the last few hours, there hasn't been a single notion I could think of. Or whatever I wrote turned out to be either incomplete or flawed.
Without thinking further, I decided to go back to whatever I'd erased earlier. Saying it calmly, I started writing my blog.
Writing a blog for the first day was the most difficult part to me. It wasn't about assembling two or three words and that's it. It's about the story that defines me, the experience that's lived, the mistakes I acknowledge, the improvements I learn from. A blog doesn't only carry words but emotions too.
While waiting for better notions, I had been too rigid. Rigid with notions to improve. Rigid with mistakes to acknowledge and work on. I used to follow a rule to write my blog.
But then came the day I broke my rule - the rule to write within twenty-four hours. That day I learned that being rigid isn't the way to improve.
Sticking to the rule wasn't what kept my streak alive - breaking it and adapting was. It taught me the concepts of effort and discipline about consistency.
The experience might feel incomplete, with grammatical flaws. But it makes me more open to learning and accepting myself, to get better.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment