Another day, another blog. I didn't know yesterday what I'd be writing today. But I had a belief, I would be showing up today. It's never easy to word out every thought, experiences. While writing a blog, when words get misplaced, the entire blog gets changed.
However, it's been improving day by day for me. Flaws are getting corrected, mistakes are getting avoided. But a challenge remains the same. Challenge of delaying. Nowadays, blogs aren't getting written the same time as earlier.
I had been observing the pattern for the last few days. I've been delaying writing my blog, ending up a few thoughts short. Was laziness creeping back in? No. I couldn't let myself choose comfort. I screamed at myself and got silenced for a few minutes. I went blank, thinking about laziness, comfort, and delay. I kept thinking one question over and over: why am I delaying?
The question made me realise there was a lot to learn. A lot in terms of experiences, in terms of fixing flaws, in terms of avoiding mistakes and what not. I knew delaying wasn't great for writing a blog, but I was doing it. I thought writing was my freedom - had I lost control over myself?
Multiple thoughts, questions; self-belief got disturbed with doubts. I decided not to write and instead figure out my reason for delaying. It didn't take long for the delay to become a habit. Delay. Delay. Why am I doing it? Repeating that slowly to myself, I thought back to my earlier blogs. The blogs about effort, motivation, discipline, consistency and a few more.
Reading them, I got my clarity. Writing every day at a particular time, thinking of multiple notions in and out, I get confused. Confused, what to write; and what not to write. To avoid the confusion, I kept delaying writing each and every thought in the blog.
It's on us whether we delay or show up. But delay carries every obstacle that stands in the way of getting better every day. However, showing up continuously even with mistakes never stops growth and success.
Discipline matters, delay doesn't.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment