I thought about what to write. One hour. Two hours. Three hours. Hour after hour I waited but didn't write. Ignorance wasn't something I wanted. I didn't want to ignore my thoughts anymore. I didn't know what I would be doing, how I would be writing, but was certain to write. To write out every thought I had, every word I would own. Thinking this much, I was determined to start writing from next day.
Next day, again the same. I wasted hours telling myself I'd start the next minute. Hesitation kept resisting me back every single time. Every time I wrote a word, I paused myself again for a few more minutes. Writing a few sentences felt like a struggle, a thought to write a blog felt impossible at that time. Again the day got wasted, and so did my motivation.
I had already wasted two days - no more excuses, I yelled at myself. I decided to start, stopped wasting time making excuses. I started my device and began writing my blog. Whatever I was owning within me, I wrote that in my blog. I did mention my thought I use as my motivation; whatever's going to happen will happen, but I will improve.
On the third day when I was done publishing my blog, I realised the first ever learning of my writing journey. A learning which works out as a basic principle in my life. Commitment and effort go hand in hand, both are incomplete without each other. I had the commitment to write, but was lacking effort for the last two days. But, when I put in effort I felt relaxed writing out myself.
Whenever I recall this incident, I try understanding it differently every time. I always want this moment to teach me different other learnings. A few months back, I recalled the same memory. At that time, I thought - if I hadn't started, I wouldn't be writing today. Then improvement and acknowledging mistakes wouldn't even exist. I understood how necessary it is to take action. Even if it is small, it does matter.
I was happy to have two different lessons from the same moment. A few days back, I recall my first thought of motivation, "Whatever's going to happen will happen, but I would improve." I recall the moment to write out myself instead of thinking anything else.
I read my first blog again. It made me realise one aspect of life. I feared hesitation and judgment before starting to write. I understood they were only resisting me from writing my blog. I added one more lesson to this same experience. Only determination could strengthen me to stop making excuses anymore.
Same experience, different perspectives. Experience teaches, recalling it helps me understand different opinions.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment