I got it. I got the difference.
A few months back, I was done writing my blog. I was sitting and thinking about the next day. What would I be writing tomorrow? The question helped me have the wonderful experience of voicing out. A story of understanding myself, my words, my perspective with more clarity.
Another day. Another story of the experience. Every day, I have something to word out. It sounded much weirder to me the first time I thought about it. Every sentence has multiple perspectives. I didn't want to sound arrogant. But my choice of words proved me wrong. Saying a thought with confidence went well, but not with words. With multiple doubts, I asked myself, where did I go wrong?
Trying to understand myself, I found something much more interesting. Writing without hesitation is good. Writing without a filter, without any fear of judgment, is best. But does it sound good to me? Till date, I was okay with my words. But that day, my words felt much like overconfidence. Although I didn't want to own it, my words did.
I yelled loudly, "Shhh." Got silenced, sat down, and stopped thinking about other notions. Let's start from the beginning. What would I be writing tomorrow? This time, I was clear with my thoughts, choice of words, and perspectives. I was done thinking about which topic I would be writing on.
A day I thought I would write later on. I was confident enough that I could write. I wasted my time doing nothing: no thoughts, no notions. The day was about to be over, so I sat down to write myself out. As I said, there were no words; I didn't have anything to express. Not even a single moment that I could barely remember.
However, I completed my Day's blog by joining some of the incomplete questions, thoughts, and doubts. But my confidence proved to be arrogance. It didn't work for me. From that day, I have tried to be confident, but not overconfident.
So what? A question with multiple perspectives. Maybe it's confidence in oneself or arrogance. There is a very minute line between the two. A question like "So what?" could also turn self-confidence into arrogance. It's always up to us how we see our doubts and perspectives. Even a single word matters when it comes to both the words, i.e., confidence and arrogance.
With all that, I realised a constant difference. I was writing with confidence, but the first time, it sounded like arrogance; the second time, it didn't. I got the minute line. The minute line between arrogance and confidence could only be maintained through clarity.
Share your opinions in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment