Nothing had been static for too long. Neither me, nor my thoughts, had been the same as on the day I started writing. From a few days ago, I had been observing something with my thoughts - something which convinced me about the necessity for change.
Just like every day, I was thinking what to write. An hour passed, two hours passed, three hours passed; but nothing. I wasn't able to get a few notions to express myself. I had a few, but they were incomplete too. Despite that moment, I wrote myself out. I wrote up, syncing all my incomplete notions. The blog got completed, but I had run out of things to say.
I didn't want myself to be compared across all the blogs. But then a thought - how would I be able to know about myself? How would I know where I had been lacking from so many days? How would I know which mistakes needed to be avoided? And that's the change I had been voicing out in my blogs. The curiosity to know more about myself, not being a lazy person anymore.
A few days ago, I wrote about creative exhaustion. It was nothing less than a reminder - it's time to redefine yourself with some new notions. That was the day which drew the line between me vs older me. A day when I understood the need for this journey.
Thinking what if the next day happens the same, I found myself already thinking about what to write the next day. A thought popped up from nowhere: why not start from the start, fresh perspective, including what I had learned and experienced till date. Having little confidence in this thought, I still started writing the next day. I had always voiced about consistency and discipline in writing my blog.
But that day, I added something new. I had been aware of efforts, but I hadn't written about it before. I voiced effort as the key to consistency and discipline - Effort makes up the continuity to show up every single day. Completing the blog, I felt the same emotion I'd felt completing my very first one.
This incident was enough to convince me of the need to change. I try to improve and evolve with every single word of my notions.
Change isn't in our hands. It happens, and it evolves the person.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment