"Not today. Not tomorrow. Today. Where to start from? Didn't know. What would be written? Didn't know. No more excuses. No more doubts. Just a commitment to kick-start my writing journey." With these notions within me, I tried putting in the effort on the very first day. The first paragraph didn't go well, so I erased it. Started again and continued. Erasing and restarting took almost three attempts to make up a complete blog.
The first blog felt exciting, but somehow the fear of judgment was holding me back. However, I didn't listen to fear and continued expressing myself till I published it. The words were such a bliss, they gave me peace. For the first time in my entire life, I felt I had outgrown my hesitation and fear of being judged.
"Same I want to feel again." Exact words my inner voice voiced out to me. I did it again the next day. Then one more day. One more. And finally, I am trying till today to continue.
The first ever commitment I made helped me meet my true self, whom I hadn't met till the day I expressed myself. The determined thought, whatever was gonna happen would happen, but I would improve, isn't a notion anymore. It has been a principle to learn, to improve myself, and to be a better person every next day.
With time, accepting mistakes didn't feel bad. Courage, a word I knew earlier, I understood when writing started reflecting me back. Acknowledging my mistakes taught me courage and confidence.
Grammar mistakes and wording my thoughts were a few mistakes in the very first blog. Owning up felt heavy on the very first day. Happiness was suggesting I accept and rectify them; laziness was trying to neglect them. However, I didn't question my happiness and decided to improve with every next blog.
Without starting, the path couldn't get clear. So, I did. And once I started, there was no looking back. Growth awaits at every next stop.
Share your thoughts in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment