I had been thinking about what to write for the last few hours. I was worried, what if I couldn't deliver my blog today. I had already done the erase-and-write-again-and-again part. But after rewriting again and again, I wasn't getting a single complete thought to voice. I faced the same thing yesterday too. I faced the same thing a month back. It feels like I am reliving my old moments from the last two days. It was unexpected to feel the same emotion almost a month later.
But all I did was enjoy. I enjoyed every obstacle yesterday and today too. Despite things being absurd, I hadn't lost my calmness. Although yesterday's frustration was a bit heat of the moment for a few seconds.
Remembering keeps a moment fixed the way it happened, but reliving it lets you feel it fresh, with room for something new to surface each time. For the last few days, I used to just recall my experiences, my learnings. I used to remember them while feeling low. I used to motivate myself reading my older blogs. I used to remember learnings whenever there was something new to add to them.
However, for the last few days I had been reliving my memory of being blank. Being blank with thoughts. Being blank with words to voice out. Despite having some incomplete thoughts to express, I wasn't complete with a blog. But I had something to add to my learnings.
Months back, when I felt creative exhaustion, I saw it as a mark to redefine. Yesterday's incident taught me exhaustion demands new challenges. With today's experience, I realized the need to change my approach itself, not just the challenge or the moment, but how I respond in the moment. I enjoy being with three different perspectives about my blankness.
Same challenge, same experience, different days, but with different perspectives. There's something new every day while reliving the moment. Meanwhile, at the same time, remembering the moment again and again limits it to a single perspective. Learnings from the experiences didn't add on but revolved in a loop.
Remembering limits in a loop, reliving gives freedom from it.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment