Going from "I didn't have anything to write about" to "I had something to write" is a story which I live every single day. Every day is about learning new things. It's not a thought anymore. It's been my way to challenge my notions every day. To think everything differently every single day. Different thoughts, different challenges, and different things to improve. But one thing remains constant, making mistakes. Mistakes writing the blog, mistakes thinking about notions.
It's a myth that every day comes with a lesson - with flaws or improvements that make it different from the rest. Writing has been reflecting the truth of every notion I had. Some notions which I read, some which I have.
I remember how I wrote my blogs for the first few weeks. I used to think about what I should write next every day. What mistakes I had to improve with upcoming blogs. At that time, my focus always stayed on fixing every flaw I had.
But now, tables have turned. Focus has shifted to trying new thoughts, new notions to write about. New thoughts and challenges to think differently. New challenges are the opportunity to learn something more valuable than earlier days. No more thinking about what to write next, how to word every thought. Just going with the flow, accepting mistakes and trying to fix them.
A few days back, I didn't have a word to express. I got numb. Numb with imagination. Numb with creativity. Nothing was giving me a notion I could write a blog about. The same thing had happened twice before. But this time there was a change. I wasn't frustrated. I started reading my prior blogs. And that's it. Reading my blankness blog, I realised it's time to explore something new again. I finished writing about my new perspective on running out of notions.
From that day, I had something to express every single day. Something which I keep within me to express in one of the blank days. The day when creativity too gets exhausted and needs redefinition.
The day I felt blankness was the best memory I had. It was the day I realised I needed to start from the beginning again. It was the day which draws the line between thinking to write and living to write. Writing as a lived experience makes this writing journey more memorable and knowledgeable.
Share your views in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment